We've constructed a tutorial, selecting articles from our FAQ area.
These are just a glimpse of the many helpful tips provided throughout Pickl-It to help you select the sizes you need, along with understanding the different parts.
If you can't find the information you're looking for, please contact us at [email protected] or phone us at (603) 722-0189 (USA, EST).
Helpful step-by-step links to get you started:
- Select your Pickl-It - Size and capacity comparisons
- Pickl-It Assembly - easy! Step-by-step instructions
- Filling Pickl-It with Food - Basic minimum & maximum guidelines
- Dunk'R Function - useful as a food "weight" and pressing out oxygen
- Create Brine - we recommend weighing, not measuring salt
- Airlocks - a few handy tips on filling
- Cover Your Pickl-It - block out UV light which neutralizes beneficial bacteria
|by Kathleen in News | Permalink|
Did you know...
In colonial times, and later, on farms and in villages, homemakers expected to “put down” some pickles in stone crocks, and to “put up” some pickles and pickle relishes in glass jars.
—Put Down, Put Up
Thanks for the clear instructions, Kathleen! I mustered the discipline to let the fermentation work undisturbed, leaving it alone! I’m not used to that! Used to skimming off mold! I’m amazed how good my first attempt with it – khimchee – has come out. You made it so easy.
—Jamie - Massachusettes