2Ki 2:20 “Get me a new jar and put some salt in it.”
During the past seven years, our family has relied on a dependable, consistent, small-family-farm network, within a 25-mile radius of our home, to supply 95% of our food needs. We purchase the remaining 5% – citrus fruit, coconut oil, miso, raw sugar, etc. – using mail-order, internet, or Trader Joe’s and Whole Foods.
Whether our foods come from near or far, the business ethics of our growers and producers, and their commitment towards biodynamic practices, play an important role in our buying-decision process.
We use the same due-diligence when selecting Pickl-It products!
When selecting a salt that best represented our core beliefs – helping people easily and safely create nutrient-dense, great-tasting lacto-fermented food – we looked for an unrefined, high-mineral salt that met our health needs, but also the complex nutrition needs of lactic-acid bacteria, which require a wide-range of minerals.
Additionally, our vendor goes above and beyond other resellers of HIMALAYAN PINK™ salt, selling:
- Only the best 10% is packaged as “gourmet” salt for human consumption
- Separate “food-grade” and “therapeutic-grade” – not all processors do (Who wants to use bath-salts in your food!?)
- Hand-harvested, not machine-mined
- FDA registered manufacturer
- Guaranteed quality and authenticity
- 84-mineral range
- Without any anti-caking agents – ferrocyanide, yellow prussiate of soda, tricalcium phosphate, aluminum calcium silicate, sodium aluminosilicate
- Kosher certified through Earth Kosher
We’re so enthused about the distinct, unique flavor and mineral-profile of HIMALAYAN PINK™ salt, and the benefit it will offer your lacto-fermented foods, that we’re offering our salt at prices which are competitive.
We highly recommend you use only 100% HIMALAYAN PINK™ salt for all your lacto-fermentation projects.
“Which Salt is Better for You?”, Mayo Clinic “Table salt is more heavily processed to eliminate trace minerals and usually contains an additive to prevent clumping.”
|by Kathleen in Tips | Permalink|
Did you know...
Gundruk is an important source of minerals during the off-season (Karki, 1986). Mustard, radish and cauliflower leaves, wilt for one or two days, and then shredded with a knife or sickle, tightly packed in an earthenware pot and warm water, and the pot kept in a warm place. Unlike sauerkraut, no salt is added to the water. After five to seven days, a mild acidic taste (lactic-acid from the lactic-acid bacteria) indicates the end of fermentation. The gundruk is removed and sun-dried. It is served as a side dish with the main meal and is also used as an appetiser.
I regret to inform you that I am completely out of Pickl-It pickled cucumbers.
A liter and a half would normally last two days, but I rationed them, making them last longer. And now they are gone...
Your book MUST feature the absolute miracle that Pickl-It pickles are. I
attribute them to exceptional positive changes not gotten from
any other fermentation system.
Must go. Checking myself in to a sanitorium for pickle-withdrawal.
—Patrick J, Indiana