In keeping with our commitment to provide well-resesarch, reliable information and products - we're pleased to announce our patent-pending Pickl-It organic Block-It covers!
Pickl-It just got even better!
Our custom-designed, professionally-crafted, Pickl-It Block-It cover adds a layer of protection to your on-counter primary ferments.
Whether your kitchen is filled with sunshine or artificial uv-light, our Pick-It Block-It restricts harmful uv-light, neutralizing precious anaerobic-fermentation microbes.
This patent-pending cover is hand-constructed in beautiful hemp fabric chosen for its many fine properties. Most important is hemps ability to block uv-light, which are harmful to the anaerobic fermentation microbes. A decorative, cotton, farm-market theme top-band houses a draw-string for ease-of-use!
Hemp is a time-honoured fabric, used from times of antiquity until present -
- Sustainable fiber used in China for 12,000 years
- Europe's first paper mill used hemp paper, continuing for 850 years
- Used throughout world to create sails and shipping industry ropes (other fibers quickly rotted)
- Spain, Russian, Europe relied on hemp fabric for clothing, twine & rope, bank notes, as well as canvas for Renaissance artists
- Gutenberg Bible printed on hemp paper
- Hemp fibers utilized in America by George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, Benjamin Franklin for printing, bank notes, as well as Declaration of Independence, and the US Constitution
- Produced from low-cannabinoid varieties of Cannabis sativa that container high amount of fiber
- Longest and strongest plant fiber = durability
- Abrasion and rot-resistant
- Naturally resistant to mildew and mold
- Blocks UV
- "Hand-feel" improves with age
|by Kathleen in News | Permalink|
Did you know...
Sauerkraut-making requires the bacteria Leuconostoc mesenteroides and Lactobacillus brevis to ferment sugars that provide a variety of such organic products as lactic acid, acetic acid, ethanol, and mannitol. These bacteria are known as ‘heterofermentative’ bacteria. Later a ‘homofermentative’ bacteria, Lactobacillus plantarum takes over, producing only lactic acid.
—Cabbage + Microbes = Sauerkraut
Thanks so much for making Pickl-It available to the world!