In keeping with our commitment to provide well-resesarch, reliable information and products - we're pleased to announce our patent-pending Pickl-It organic Block-It covers!
Pickl-It just got even better!
Our custom-designed, professionally-crafted, Pickl-It Block-It cover adds a layer of protection to your on-counter primary ferments.
Whether your kitchen is filled with sunshine or artificial uv-light, our Pick-It Block-It restricts harmful uv-light, neutralizing precious anaerobic-fermentation microbes.
This patent-pending cover is hand-constructed in beautiful hemp fabric chosen for its many fine properties. Most important is hemps ability to block uv-light, which are harmful to the anaerobic fermentation microbes. A decorative, cotton, farm-market theme top-band houses a draw-string for ease-of-use!
Hemp is a time-honoured fabric, used from times of antiquity until present -
- Sustainable fiber used in China for 12,000 years
- Europe's first paper mill used hemp paper, continuing for 850 years
- Used throughout world to create sails and shipping industry ropes (other fibers quickly rotted)
- Spain, Russian, Europe relied on hemp fabric for clothing, twine & rope, bank notes, as well as canvas for Renaissance artists
- Gutenberg Bible printed on hemp paper
- Hemp fibers utilized in America by George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, Benjamin Franklin for printing, bank notes, as well as Declaration of Independence, and the US Constitution
- Produced from low-cannabinoid varieties of Cannabis sativa that container high amount of fiber
- Longest and strongest plant fiber = durability
- Abrasion and rot-resistant
- Naturally resistant to mildew and mold
- Blocks UV
- "Hand-feel" improves with age
|by Kathleen in News | Permalink|
Did you know...
Gundruk is an important source of minerals during the off-season (Karki, 1986). Mustard, radish and cauliflower leaves, wilt for one or two days, and then shredded with a knife or sickle, tightly packed in an earthenware pot and warm water, and the pot kept in a warm place. Unlike sauerkraut, no salt is added to the water. After five to seven days, a mild acidic taste (lactic-acid from the lactic-acid bacteria) indicates the end of fermentation. The gundruk is removed and sun-dried. It is served as a side dish with the main meal and is also used as an appetiser.
I regret to inform you that I am completely out of Pickl-It pickled cucumbers.
A liter and a half would normally last two days, but I rationed them, making them last longer. And now they are gone...
Your book MUST feature the absolute miracle that Pickl-It pickles are. I
attribute them to exceptional positive changes not gotten from
any other fermentation system.
Must go. Checking myself in to a sanitorium for pickle-withdrawal.
—Patrick J, Indiana