In keeping with our commitment to provide well-resesarch, reliable information and products - we're pleased to announce our patent-pending Pickl-It organic Block-It covers!
Pickl-It just got even better!
Our custom-designed, professionally-crafted, Pickl-It Block-It cover adds a layer of protection to your on-counter primary ferments.
Whether your kitchen is filled with sunshine or artificial uv-light, our Pick-It Block-It restricts harmful uv-light, neutralizing precious anaerobic-fermentation microbes.
This patent-pending cover is hand-constructed in beautiful hemp fabric chosen for its many fine properties. Most important is hemps ability to block uv-light, which are harmful to the anaerobic fermentation microbes. A decorative, cotton, farm-market theme top-band houses a draw-string for ease-of-use!
Hemp is a time-honoured fabric, used from times of antiquity until present -
- Sustainable fiber used in China for 12,000 years
- Europe's first paper mill used hemp paper, continuing for 850 years
- Used throughout world to create sails and shipping industry ropes (other fibers quickly rotted)
- Spain, Russian, Europe relied on hemp fabric for clothing, twine & rope, bank notes, as well as canvas for Renaissance artists
- Gutenberg Bible printed on hemp paper
- Hemp fibers utilized in America by George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, Benjamin Franklin for printing, bank notes, as well as Declaration of Independence, and the US Constitution
- Produced from low-cannabinoid varieties of Cannabis sativa that container high amount of fiber
- Longest and strongest plant fiber = durability
- Abrasion and rot-resistant
- Naturally resistant to mildew and mold
- Blocks UV
- "Hand-feel" improves with age
|by Kathleen in News | Permalink|
Did you know...
Pickles were brought to the New World by Christopher Columbus, who is known to have grown them on the island of Haiti.
—New World Food
I have used the Pickle-It jars for a while now and they are wonderful! The fermentation is very predictable and clean, no batches go bad or wrong. Anybody who ferments food at home knows that sometimes a batch can go bad without any particular reason. The Pickle-It jars seem to eliminate that eventuality completely. Thank you for developing this wonderful product!
—Dr. Natasha Campbell, GAPS DIET