Frequently Asked Questions
Occasionally, smaller cuts of food – shredded carrots, sauerkraut, chopped green beans – poke above the brine. There are any number of solutions, including:
- Place 1 or 2 dill heads under the Dunk’R, spreading them out across the vegetables, holding smaller pieces under the brine
- Whole cinnamon sticks, 2-3 inches in length, work great for shredded beets, adding a nice warm flavor.
- Another beet option is to reserve 1/2 beet, cut into thin-slices, and layer them on top the other beets, holding them under the brine.
- Use your vegetable peeler to shave long carrot segments which can be criss-crossed across the brine top, holding carrots, or other vegetables under the brine.
- Save a few whole green-beans, and criss-cross them over the smaller cuts – another whole-food method to keeping food under the brine!
Top off your criss-cross shaved carrots, sliced beets or dill heads with the Dunk’R, firmly holding them in place.
Did you know...
“Nature is doing her best to keep us healthy.”
—Henry David Thoreau
Just wanted to let you know that I loved my customer service. Even though I was frustrated that at first I couldn’t seem to get ahold of anyone. I want to apologize for that but when you have been sick for so long, you become impatient.
Kathleen helped me and she was the most wonderful person. She went above and beyond the call of duty. Thank you so much. I look forward to getting my order today and getting started.
—Diane, B - Canada