- What is the Pickl-It Dunk'R?
- What is the Pickl-It Airlock?
- Is there lead in the Pickl-It wire-bail or glass container?
- What are the Pickl-It parts?
- What is the capacity of each Pickl-It?
- What are the dimensions of each Pickl-It?
- Why are there so many Pickl-It sizes?
- Why does the airlock have three parts?
- What is a Pickl-It Plug'R?
- Safety & Handling Instructions
- Dual Media KDF Shower Filter Technical Information
- What is the mini-airlock?
- Phone and EMail Orders
- Pickl-It Sizes
- What are the sizes and capacities of the Pickl-It?
- Are Dunk'Rs included with the Pickl-It?
The airlock is an important component of the Pickl-It system, creating a low-oxygen, or, anaerobic environment, in which lactic-acid bacteria thrive and remain healthy! Oxygen is NOT desirable, working against creating healthy fermented-foods.Read more...
There is no lead in the Pickl-It wire-bail metal closure OR its glass container, both manufactured by Bormioli Rocco, in business since 1825.Read more...
Pickl-It Parts – Inclusion May Vary According to Individual SystemRead more...
Dimensions Without Airlock:
¾ liter: 5¼” height x 4¼” wide
1 liter: 6¼” height x 4¼” wide
1½ liter: 8¾” height x 4¼” wide
3 liter: 9 1/2” height x 5 1/2” wide
4 liter: 11” height x 6” diameter
5 liter: 11.5” height x 6.5” diameter
Note: The 3L and smaller jars are ‘square’ in shape and the the 4 and 5 Liter are round.
The Pickl-It has been designed to meet a wide-range of needs. The 3-liter Pickl-It is ideal for making 3-lbs of pickles, while the 3/4-liter Pickl-It is perfect for small batches of jams, jalapeno pepper sauce, salsa or even just a few servings of kefir.Read more...
We’ve loaded this Pickl-It website with helpful FAQs, recipes, tips and ideas, all with the goal of making lacto-fermenting as easy and tasty as possible! When you’re ready to use your Pickl-It, be sure to check out the “Getting Started” section, located in the upper-right column. And here are a few other helpful pointers….Read more...
Our Dual Media KDF Shower Filter works on a similar principle to a Catalytic Converter in an automobile. In shower filtration free-chlorine is converted into a harmless chloride. The scientific name for this chemical reaction is known as “Reduction-Oxidation”, commonly referred to as Redox.Read more...
Mini-Airlocks for Refrigerated Storage!(What is an airlock?)
- 50% smaller than our full-size airlock
- Two-part construction
- Included with all 3/4-Liter, 1-Liter, Condiment Duo, and Condiment Trio
- Ideal for refrigerator-storage of foods that require long-term “curing” and are active producers of carbon dioxide, such as kraut, pickled-cukes, kimchi, and pepper mashes
- Fits all Pickl-It lids
- Not intended for use on 3-Liter, 4-Liter, or 5-Liter larger for initial fermentation; may be used for secondary-fermentation on these sizes, or long-term storage
We’ve designed the Pickl-It so there’s a perfect size to fit your need – from single to triple batches of sourdough batters, 1 to 4 pounds of peppers, kraut, or pickles – Pickl-It is designed to fit the container size to the amount of food.Read more...
We've removed the Dunk'R from all Pickl-It Single and Bundle selections, offering individual or multi-pack Dunk'R. Typically, customers use two Pickl-It Dunk'R in the Pickl-It 2-liter, and three Dunk'R in the Pickl-It 3-liter, 4-liter and 5-liter.Read more...
Did you know...
2400 BC: Archaeologists and anthropologists believe the ancient Mesopotamians were the first to pickle (cure, or ferment) a wide variety of food.
You know you talk about fermenting too much when…
Your three-year-old is observed pushing his bath toys under the water while saying, “You must go under the brine to ferment. Then I will have sauerkraut toys.”
—- Holly G., Ohio