- What is the Pickl-It Dunk'R?
- What is the Pickl-It Airlock?
- Is there lead in the Pickl-It wire-bail or glass container?
- What are the Pickl-It parts?
- What is the capacity of each Pickl-It?
- What are the dimensions of each Pickl-It?
- Why are there so many Pickl-It sizes?
- Why does the airlock have three parts?
- What is a Pickl-It Plug'R?
- Safety & Handling Instructions
- Dual Media KDF Shower Filter Technical Information
- What is the mini-airlock?
- Phone and EMail Orders
- Pickl-It Sizes
- What are the sizes and capacities of the Pickl-It?
- Are Dunk'Rs included with the Pickl-It?
The airlock is an important component of the Pickl-It system, creating a low-oxygen, or, anaerobic environment, in which lactic-acid bacteria thrive and remain healthy! Oxygen is NOT desirable, working against creating healthy fermented-foods.Read more...
There is no lead in the Pickl-It wire-bail metal closure OR its glass container, both manufactured by Bormioli Rocco, in business since 1825.Read more...
Pickl-It Parts – Inclusion May Vary According to Individual SystemRead more...
Dimensions Without Airlock:
¾ liter: 5¼” height x 4¼” wide
1 liter: 6¼” height x 4¼” wide
1½ liter: 8¾” height x 4¼” wide
3 liter: 9 1/2” height x 5 1/2” wide
4 liter: 11” height x 6” diameter
5 liter: 11.5” height x 6.5” diameter
Note: The 3L and smaller jars are ‘square’ in shape and the the 4 and 5 Liter are round.
The Pickl-It has been designed to meet a wide-range of needs. The 3-liter Pickl-It is ideal for making 3-lbs of pickles, while the 3/4-liter Pickl-It is perfect for small batches of jams, jalapeno pepper sauce, salsa or even just a few servings of kefir.Read more...
We’ve loaded this Pickl-It website with helpful FAQs, recipes, tips and ideas, all with the goal of making lacto-fermenting as easy and tasty as possible! When you’re ready to use your Pickl-It, be sure to check out the “Getting Started” section, located in the upper-right column. And here are a few other helpful pointers….Read more...
Our Dual Media KDF Shower Filter works on a similar principle to a Catalytic Converter in an automobile. In shower filtration free-chlorine is converted into a harmless chloride. The scientific name for this chemical reaction is known as “Reduction-Oxidation”, commonly referred to as Redox.Read more...
Mini-Airlocks for Refrigerated Storage!(What is an airlock?)
- 50% smaller than our full-size airlock
- Two-part construction
- Included with all 3/4-Liter, 1-Liter, Condiment Duo, and Condiment Trio
- Ideal for refrigerator-storage of foods that require long-term “curing” and are active producers of carbon dioxide, such as kraut, pickled-cukes, kimchi, and pepper mashes
- Fits all Pickl-It lids
- Not intended for use on 3-Liter, 4-Liter, or 5-Liter larger for initial fermentation; may be used for secondary-fermentation on these sizes, or long-term storage
We’ve designed the Pickl-It so there’s a perfect size to fit your need – from single to triple batches of sourdough batters, 1 to 4 pounds of peppers, kraut, or pickles – Pickl-It is designed to fit the container size to the amount of food.Read more...
We've removed the Dunk'R from all Pickl-It Single and Bundle selections, offering individual or multi-pack Dunk'R. Typically, customers use two Pickl-It Dunk'R in the Pickl-It 2-liter, and three Dunk'R in the Pickl-It 3-liter, 4-liter and 5-liter.Read more...
Did you know...
A variety of brine pickled cucumber products are made around the world. Oi sobagi and oiji are made in Korea. In Egypt cucumbers are pickled by soaking in brine to produce torshi khiar.
I have several of your jars (1.5-3 liter) and I use them regularly. They make the best kraut ever! I just started 3 new batches, one straight up, one with ginger and garlic, one with garlic and dill. I really love your product!
—Mark E. Clark