- What is the Pickl-It Dunk'R?
- What is the Pickl-It Airlock?
- Is there lead in the Pickl-It wire-bail or glass container?
- What are the Pickl-It parts?
- What is the capacity of each Pickl-It?
- What are the dimensions of each Pickl-It?
- Why are there so many Pickl-It sizes?
- Why does the airlock have three parts?
- What is a Pickl-It Plug'R?
- Safety & Handling Instructions
- Berkey® Product Details
- Dual Media KDF Shower Filter Technical Information
- What is the mini-airlock?
- Ordering Options Other Than Google Cart
- Pickl-It Sizes
- What are the sizes and capacities of the Pickl-It?
The airlock is an important component of the Pickl-It system, creating a low-oxygen, or, anaerobic environment, in which lactic-acid bacteria thrive and remain healthy! Oxygen is NOT desirable, working against creating healthy fermented-foods.Read more...
There is no lead in the Pickl-It wire-bail metal closure OR its glass container, both manufactured by Bormioli Rocco, in business since 1825.Read more...
Pickl-It Parts – Inclusion May Vary According to Individual SystemRead more...
The Pickl-It has been designed to meet a wide-range of needs. The 3-liter Pickl-It is ideal for making 3-lbs of pickles, while the 3/4-liter Pickl-It is perfect for small batches of jams, jalapeno pepper sauce, salsa or even just a few servings of kefir.Read more...
We’ve loaded this Pickl-It website with helpful FAQs, recipes, tips and ideas, all with the goal of making lacto-fermenting as easy and tasty as possible! When you’re ready to use your Pickl-It, be sure to check out the “Getting Started” section, located in the upper-right column. And here are a few other helpful pointers….Read more...
- Ideal system for small to large-sized families, travel, outdoor activities or during unexpected emergencies
- Designed so there’s a size for every need
- Purifies both treated water and untreated raw water from such sources as remote lakes, streams, stagnant ponds and water supplies in foreign countries, where regulations may be substandard at best
- Perfect for everyday use, outdoor activities and a must in hostile environments where electricity, water pressure or treated water may not be available
- Removes pathogenic bacteria, cysts and parasites entirely and extracts harmful chemicals such as herbicides, pesticides, VOCs, organic solvents, radon 222 and trihalomethane
- Reduces nitrates, nitrites and unhealthy minerals such as lead and mercury
- This system is so powerful it can remove red food coloring from water without removing the beneficial minerals your body needs
- No other system can duplicate this performance
- Constructed of highly polished 304 stainless steel
- All purification units (Big, Royal, Imperial and Crown) include two purification elements
- All purification units (Big, Royal, Imperial and Crown) utilize the latest technological advances
Our Dual Media KDF Shower Filter works on a similar principle to a Catalytic Converter in an automobile. In shower filtration free-chlorine is converted into a harmless chloride. The scientific name for this chemical reaction is known as “Reduction-Oxidation”, commonly referred to as Redox.Read more...
Mini-Airlocks for Refrigerated Storage!(What is an airlock?)
- 50% smaller than our full-size airlock
- Two-part construction
- Included with all 3/4-Liter, 1-Liter, Condiment Duo, and Condiment Trio
- Ideal for refrigerator-storage of foods that require long-term “curing” and are active producers of carbon dioxide, such as kraut, pickled-cukes, kimchi, and pepper mashes
- Fits all Pickl-It lids
- Not intended for use on 3-Liter, 4-Liter, or 5-Liter larger for initial fermentation; may be used for secondary-fermentation on these sizes, or long-term storage
We’ve designed the Pickl-It so there’s a perfect size to fit your need – from single to triple batches of sourdough batters, 1 to 4 pounds of peppers, kraut, or pickles – Pickl-It is designed to fit the container size to the amount of food.Read more...
Did you know...
900 AD: Western Europe, late-comers to the many medicinal and culinary uses for dill, obtain theirs from Sumatra. Centuries before, Romans considered dill to be good luck, while ancient Greeks considered it to be a sign of wealth. The word “dill” is from the Norse “dilla” which means to “sooth or lull”.
Thanks so much for making Pickl-It available to the world!