- What is the Pickl-It Dunk'R?
- What is the Pickl-It Airlock?
- Is there lead in the Pickl-It wire-bail or glass container?
- What are the Pickl-It parts?
- What is the capacity of each Pickl-It?
- What are the dimensions of each Pickl-It?
- Why are there so many Pickl-It sizes?
- Why does the airlock have three parts?
- What is a Pickl-It Plug'R?
- Safety & Handling Instructions
- Berkey® Product Details
- Dual Media KDF Shower Filter Technical Information
- What is the mini-airlock?
- Phone and EMail Orders
- Pickl-It Sizes
- What are the sizes and capacities of the Pickl-It?
- Are Dunk'Rs included with the Pickl-It?
The airlock is an important component of the Pickl-It system, creating a low-oxygen, or, anaerobic environment, in which lactic-acid bacteria thrive and remain healthy! Oxygen is NOT desirable, working against creating healthy fermented-foods.Read more...
There is no lead in the Pickl-It wire-bail metal closure OR its glass container, both manufactured by Bormioli Rocco, in business since 1825.Read more...
Pickl-It Parts – Inclusion May Vary According to Individual SystemRead more...
Dimensions Without Airlock:
¾ liter: 5¼” height x 4¼” wide
1 liter: 6¼” height x 4¼” wide
1½ liter: 8¾” height x 4¼” wide
3 liter: 9 1/2” height x 5 1/2” wide
4 liter: 11” height x 6” diameter
5 liter: 11.5” height x 6.5” diameter
Note: The 3L and smaller jars are ‘square’ in shape and the the 4 and 5 Liter are round.
The Pickl-It has been designed to meet a wide-range of needs. The 3-liter Pickl-It is ideal for making 3-lbs of pickles, while the 3/4-liter Pickl-It is perfect for small batches of jams, jalapeno pepper sauce, salsa or even just a few servings of kefir.Read more...
We’ve loaded this Pickl-It website with helpful FAQs, recipes, tips and ideas, all with the goal of making lacto-fermenting as easy and tasty as possible! When you’re ready to use your Pickl-It, be sure to check out the “Getting Started” section, located in the upper-right column. And here are a few other helpful pointers….Read more...
- Ideal system for small to large-sized families, travel, outdoor activities or during unexpected emergencies
- Designed so there’s a size for every need
- Purifies both treated water and untreated raw water from such sources as remote lakes, streams, stagnant ponds and water supplies in foreign countries, where regulations may be substandard at best
- Perfect for everyday use, outdoor activities and a must in hostile environments where electricity, water pressure or treated water may not be available
- Removes pathogenic bacteria, cysts and parasites entirely and extracts harmful chemicals such as herbicides, pesticides, VOCs, organic solvents, radon 222 and trihalomethane
- Reduces nitrates, nitrites and unhealthy minerals such as lead and mercury
- This system is so powerful it can remove red food coloring from water without removing the beneficial minerals your body needs
- No other system can duplicate this performance
- Constructed of highly polished 304 stainless steel
- All purification units (Big, Royal, Imperial and Crown) include two purification elements
- All purification units (Big, Royal, Imperial and Crown) utilize the latest technological advances
Our Dual Media KDF Shower Filter works on a similar principle to a Catalytic Converter in an automobile. In shower filtration free-chlorine is converted into a harmless chloride. The scientific name for this chemical reaction is known as “Reduction-Oxidation”, commonly referred to as Redox.Read more...
Mini-Airlocks for Refrigerated Storage!(What is an airlock?)
- 50% smaller than our full-size airlock
- Two-part construction
- Included with all 3/4-Liter, 1-Liter, Condiment Duo, and Condiment Trio
- Ideal for refrigerator-storage of foods that require long-term “curing” and are active producers of carbon dioxide, such as kraut, pickled-cukes, kimchi, and pepper mashes
- Fits all Pickl-It lids
- Not intended for use on 3-Liter, 4-Liter, or 5-Liter larger for initial fermentation; may be used for secondary-fermentation on these sizes, or long-term storage
We’ve designed the Pickl-It so there’s a perfect size to fit your need – from single to triple batches of sourdough batters, 1 to 4 pounds of peppers, kraut, or pickles – Pickl-It is designed to fit the container size to the amount of food.Read more...
We've removed the Dunk'R from all Pickl-It Single and Bundle selections, offering individual or multi-pack Dunk'R. Typically, customers use two Pickl-It Dunk'R in the Pickl-It 2-liter, and three Dunk'R in the Pickl-It 3-liter, 4-liter and 5-liter.Read more...
Did you know...
In colonial times, and later, on farms and in villages, homemakers expected to “put down” some pickles in stone crocks, and to “put up” some pickles and pickle relishes in glass jars.
—Put Down, Put Up
I give up on the Harsch Crock. I made more mold than food, and couldn’t get it sanitized. Besides, I’m tired of lifting it. Your Pickl-It is like a dream come true. Here’s an order for more…
—Mary P. - Oregon