Frequently Asked Questions
Occasionally, smaller cuts of food – shredded carrots, sauerkraut, chopped green beans – poke above the brine. There are any number of solutions, including:
- Place 1 or 2 dill heads under the Dunk’R, spreading them out across the vegetables, holding smaller pieces under the brine
- Whole cinnamon sticks, 2-3 inches in length, work great for shredded beets, adding a nice warm flavor.
- Another beet option is to reserve 1/2 beet, cut into thin-slices, and layer them on top the other beets, holding them under the brine.
- Use your vegetable peeler to shave long carrot segments which can be criss-crossed across the brine top, holding carrots, or other vegetables under the brine.
- Save a few whole green-beans, and criss-cross them over the smaller cuts – another whole-food method to keeping food under the brine!
Top off your criss-cross shaved carrots, sliced beets or dill heads with the Dunk’R, firmly holding them in place.
Did you know...
“On a hot day in Virginia, I know nothing more comforting than a fine spiced pickle, brought up trout-like from the sparkling depths of the aromatic jar below the stairs of Aunt Sally’s cellar.”
I LOVE your products! I have 2 (5 liter Pickl-It) and I use them all the time. BEST product ever!!! Keep up the GREAT work. God Bless